


Maya has been eating solids for about 1.5 months now and she is loving it. I'm making the food myself and I'm using Annabel Karmel's "Top 100 Baby Purees", which has proven to be very helpful both when figuring out timing for certain foods and of course for inspiration. We started off with simple foods like carrot, pea, banana, sweet potato, pear, apple, papaya, avocado and broccoli. The last two didn't go down very well, but we have now started to mix foods so some stronger tastes can easily be disguised. Chicken with sweet potato and apple is a new favorite. Maya looooves sitting at the table in her Stokke chair, which was a gift from Mormor and Morfar. She lays both her hands on the table in front of her, kicking her legs in excitement and waits (not always patiently) for her food. She is so sweet and comical that you can't help but laugh a little. Don't remember if I mentioned that she got her first two bottom teeth during the time when Mormor was here. She was a little off for a day or two, but I thought it was because of a vaccination she just had, but suddenly she had teeth. Hmm, I hope the rest will bother her as little as those two did. It looks like Maya is getting ready to crawl. She kind of scoots around. Apparently, I never crawled - only jumped around on my butt, so I'm pleased to see that Maya is a little more... hmm - mobile! For the first week she would push herself backwards, which caused a lot of frustration. She would aim her eye on a toy - or better yet a glossy magazine - that she wanted her hands on - only to get further away from it. Since then she has been working on her technique. Sometimes she just stays on the blanket (easier to scoot around) and uses her upper body to drag herself forward. I'll post a video of Maya scooting later.
1 comment:
Dorthe- This is the other Dorothy, Mike's sister. I love Anabel Karmel!! My twins are 2.5, and my older daughter is 6.5. Her 100 first baby purees was a staple for us. The food is so easy to make, freezes well, and I loved being able make sure my kids were eating well. I only wish they ate so well now! Your Maya is just adorable, love the new pictures of her. Looks like she has James eating right out of her hand! Take Care.
Post a Comment